3 Best Small Business Tax Deductions and Preparation Tips in Toronto
Toronto’s small businesses have several ways they can take advantage of tax deductions, most of which are fairly simple to accomplish. But whether you’re a new business owner or you’ve owned your business for decades, it’s always a good idea to explore how you can save money. Here’s how you can boost your bottom line with small business tax deductions.
Deduction #1: Operating Expenses
- Renter’s insurance
- Essential operational software
- Delivery services
But whatever essential supplies you need, it’s important you keep impeccable records of these purchases and their purposes. The team at Leonard Tam can help with your tax preparation and strategy so you can focus on what matters most: keeping your business running smoothly without the worry of improper tax filing.
Deduction #2: Insurance Policies
Some of the most common types of business insurance policies that are tax-deductible include:
- Property insurance: these policies cover the property on which your business stands
- Business interruption insurance: these policies cover your business during fires, floods, and other natural disasters
- Business liability: this insurance protects you in the event of a lawsuit related to a workplace injury
- Life insurance: businesses may only benefit from this deduction in the event that it is used to back a business loan.
Deduction #3: Automobile Costs
Most costs associated with your vehicle may be tax-deductible, including:
- Parking passes and fees
- Upkeep and repairs
Trust Leonard Tam for Your Tax Preparation in Toronto
Whether you’re a new business owner or you’ve been around for decades, it’s essential that you have a tax plan in place. The Leonard Tam team can help with tax preparation to ensure proper alignment with Canadian law. Reach out to us today to get started.